Power of a Praying Wife

I've been thinking alot lately... life has been crazy busy. I feel like I am home long enough to pack for the next trip, the house is a mess, and I'm not doing the best job that I could be as a wife, mother, and friend. Since all this thinking has caused me to make sure I don't settle for meritocracy in my life, aka, relationship with God. I've decided to sit down amidst the HUGE mess and pick up, 'Power of a Praying Wife', by Stormie Omartain. I am going to attempt to read each prayer every day... but I figure this is a good start and hits '2 birds with 1 stone', relationship with God and hubby.

Today it the first day. I forgot how amazing this book is... and butt kicking ;) I love how it starts out reminding us wives that we need to start with our own heart being in the right place... we aren't going to be praying, 'Lord change him', but 'Lord change me'.... and at different points in my life that is harder, right now it doesn't seem so hard, but I'm soo excited to be regularly praying for my hubby!!!
...make me a new person, Lord. Give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook , and a renewed relationship with the man You've given me. Help me see him with new eyes, new appreciation, new love, new compassion, and new acceptance. Give my husband a new wife, and let it be me.
amen
(except from Power of a Praying Wife pg. 46)

Let the journey of a 'new wife' begin!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can this be?

His Mercies Are New Every Morning

Here comes baby number THREE!!