It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

So many emotions overwhelm me as we pack up our house and say our last goodbyes here in St. George. I can't believe that just Phil and I and a giant U-haul (and a trailer and another smaller U-haul...) moved here 6 years ago. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary here and now we today we are celebrating our 9th. So much has changed.

As many of you know, I had mixed emotions about moving here, yet as time passed, as we made friends, settled into our house, had children... this became home. I was surprised by my reaction when Phil resigned and I didn't have this urge to pack up and move back to Salt Lake. I was perfectly fine with finding work here. This was our home.

But staying is not what we feel God would have for us. So here we are. I'm sitting surrounded by boxes and bare walls... (which is weird) contemplating our last 6 years.
Many great memories have been had here. 3 children born, (2 right here in this home), many great parties with friends and family near and far, plenty of fun in the sun and pool, and even a snowman out front. All this will be missed dearly.

Yet St. George has brought great, deep, loss. In some ways I'll be happy for a new start. Loosing our sweet Nate has rocked our world, changed us in so many ways. We are not the same.  The flip is that this is where almost every memory we had with our sweet boy is. Birthing him, rocking him, watching him learn to crawl, being surrounded by amazing support in his death. How can I leave that?

Since changing jobs almost 10 months ago we have been in a strange place. These times have not been easy. Trusting and waiting on direction, figuring out what our church and friend community would look like, and wondering if we would end up staying or going... So now, with my last few days here I look around and am doing my best to soak it all up.

Thank you to all who have blessed us these last 6 years.


So long St. George, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. They will never be forgotten.








Comments

  1. My biblestudy group has been praying for you guys ever since you announced the move, continued prayers for an outpouring of Gods grace during this bittersweet time!! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How can this be?

Here comes baby number THREE!!

His Mercies Are New Every Morning